Highgate Hotels Restaurant Supervisor in Tucson, Arizona
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.
The Outlet Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service in the Food & Beverage Outlets. He/she is also responsible for assisting the manager with training, motivating, and coaching the staff, and monitoring expenses and controlling labor costs.
Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
· Ensure work areas are properly stocked and prepare requisitions as needed.
· Ensure work areas are neat and clean.
· Check that trays and tables are set to standards.
· Ensure quality control of all menus with regards to cleanliness and appearance.
· Assist in the outlets when necessary.
· Ensure that tables are cleared promptly.
· Ensure proper settlement of checks.
· Ensure orders are delivered on time.
· Ensure food quality.
· Ensure communication with oncoming shift.
· Handling guest complaints or special requests, communicate to management when necessary.
· Be capable of training and performing all duties required of all food and beverage outlet employees.
· Hold pre-meal meetings daily to monitor service and promote up selling.
· Check staffing levels and adjust according to business demand.
· Requisition linen as needed.
· Ensure property is free of trays and trash.
· Control payroll cost in food and beverage outlets.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
External Job Posting Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Job ID: 2020-11272
External Company Name: Highgate Hotels
Address1: 7600 E. Broadway Blvd.