Aston Carter Patient Access Specialist in Tucson, Arizona
- Performs collection follow-up on insurance outstanding balances; identification of claim problems and resolution; standards within compliance of government and managed care contract terms.
• Performs follow-up on outstanding insurance balances within required time frame. Obtains confirmation of payment or required documentation.
• Documents all actions taken on appropriate systems so that is clearly communicated process for resolution.
• Makes appropriate number of calls based on assigned payer.
• Handles and resolves incoming correspondence within 5 days of receipt and updates system
• Initiates appropriate review and supporting documentation for denials within payer specific guidelines.
• Professionally handles all incoming calls from customers including returning the calls and expediting requests in a timely manner.
o Must have six (6) months experience in a hospital or medical facility setting, OR have taken a minimum of one college or certificate program course that would provide basic understanding of billing and coding.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.