International Rescue Committee Casework Assistant in Tucson, Arizona
Requisition ID: req20142
Job Title: Casework Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading nonsectarian, voluntary organization providing relief, protection and resettlement services for refugees and victims of oppression. The IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and regain control of their future. For over 20 years the IRC offices in Arizona have provided a range of services including resettlement and economic empowerment services, immigration, community gardening and case management for victims of trafficking.
Our strength and success lie within our core values of Service, Accountability, Equality, and Integrity. We are strongly motivated by our clients and are dedicated to delivering high-impact and quality programs.
Job Overview: The Casework assistant provides trauma-informed services to refugees and other qualified immigrants to support a positive resettlement experience and the achievement of client self-sufficiency. The Casework Assistant carries out activities to meet individual client needs and preferences utilizing a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational, and other services and resources in accordance with client eligibility and program requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Carry out timely pre- and post-arrival tasks to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment.
· Support efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health, and social services. Assist clients to attain their established goals, address challenges, and utilize available resources.
· Detail client interactions in accordance with program requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations. Build and maintain relationships with area service providers for the benefit of clients.
· Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
· Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings.
· Complete documentation of client services in different databases
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
· Position Reports to: Casework Supervisor Position directly supervises: None
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Casework Assistant Band / Grade/ Level: 9B Department: Tucson, AZ, USA Schedule/Duration: Full Time/Regular Overtime Eligible: Yes (Non-Exempt)
· Indirect Reporting: Senior Program Manager Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Internal: IRC staff, interns and volunteers
· External: Community partners, housing providers
Education: High school diploma strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience strongly preferred.
· Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Ability to regularly lift 50 lbs.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
· A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.