Arizona Public Service Palo Verde Radiation Protection Technician in Tonopah, Arizona
The Palo Verde Radiation Protection Technicianperforms a wide range of radiological protection activities such as radiological surveys, sampling and analysis to ensure the health and safety of the general public and employees from hazards of radiation and to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and procedures.
High school diploma or GED plus three (3) years¿ experience in Radiation Protection positions of which one (1) year should be related technical training or post-secondary education in health physics or related discipline (such as math, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology). Knowledge of radiological fundamentals, mathematical concepts and plant systems required. Must possess ability to analyze and interpret data. (Meets or exceeds ANSI/ANS (1978) 3.1 section 4.5.2.)
Nuclear requirement: Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees.
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and responsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
Major Accountabilities 1) Implements Palo Verde administrative procedures to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations, and with Palo Verde procedures and policies.
2) Performs radiological surveys, provides accurate documentation and establishes necessary radiological postings as required to maintain positive control for work activities being conducted within Radiologically Controlled Areas (RCA). Conducts radiological surveys necessary for unrestricted release of materials, equipment and personnel.
3) Performs personnel decontamination activities.
4) Responsible for maintaining positive controls of radiological material, wastes and source inventories and personnel access into RCA.
5) Performs evaluation and analysis to determine necessary actions required to improve programmatic aspects necessary to maintain occupational exposures As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA). Responsibilities include writing work orders, scheduling work and preparing Radiation Exposure Permits (REPS).
6) Participates and progresses through an accredited Radiation Protection Technicians training program by successfully completing assigned task qualifications.
7) Inspects, calibrates and maintains radiological protection instrumentation, dosimetry and sampling equipment.
8) Responsible for performance of activities associated with on-site and public protection during emergency plan execution.
9) Develops, conducts and evaluates trainees as assigned to ensure operating experience and program knowledge is shared to the maximum extent possible within Palo Verde's Accredited Radiation Protection Technicians Training Program.
LAST REVISION DATE: 1/8/2014
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20200626
Location: Tonopah, AZ