Albertsons Summer Intern- Supply Chain in TOLLESON, Arizona
Albertsons' Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 280,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. Albertsons' Companies is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
Internships are not about filing papers and getting coffee. Get exposure to real projects where you work side by side with corporate colleagues contributing relevant work product and gaining hands on experience. We'll give you the opportunity to get exposure to various aspects of the business beyond your project as well.
Interns receive an interactive overview of Albertsons Companies through executive speakers and business site tours.
You'll also get to hone your presentation skills at the end of the program when you present your summer project to management.
- Must be a Junior, Senior, Graduate or Doctorate student currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a degree with a Supply Chain focus with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Ability to work at our Distribution Center located in Tolleson Arizona
- Ability to commit to a full-time work schedule (40 hours/week)
- Ability to commit to the full length (10 weeks) of the internship program
- Previous experience interacting, collaborating, and writing with cross-functional teams of an organization.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word. PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective organizational interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to practice good judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate attributes that promote a positive, enthusiastic, creative, and caring team environment
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Use of calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in an office environment
Travel Requirements:5-10% for offsite tours and intern social events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by interns assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Interested applicants please submit your resume to www.albertsons.com/careers.
About Albertsons Companies:
In 1939, Joe Albertson, a former Safeway district manager, took $5,000 he saved and $7,500 he borrowed from his wife's Aunt Bertie, and partnered with L.S. Skaggs to open his first Albertsons store on 16th and State Streets in Boise, Idaho. Joe knew the keys of running a really great store, and it was all about working hard for the customers: give them the products they want, at a fair price, with lots of tender, loving care. Joe was innovative, too. He had one of the first in-store magazine racks in the country along with a scratch bakery and fresh ice cream made in store.. Just two years later, he had opened two other stores in neighboring communities, and grew the fledgling company's sales to over $1 million by the end of 1941. Today, Albertsons operates as a banner of Albertsons Companies, one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled