California Closets Regional Purchasing Agent (Temp) in Tolleson, Arizona
The Regional Purchasing Agent is responsible for the timely delivery of materials that meet technical and quality requirements. A leader involved with the planning, coordination and ordering of all material stock and special order for regional business units.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze, assess, plan and implement continuous improvement projects with internal and internal customers as well as suppliers.
- Develop and maintain high caliber professional relationships with suppliers to provide maximum supplier service while assuring that the company experiences profitable growth and delivers exceptional customer experiences.
- Prepare stock and special-order purchase orders and place orders with vendor(s).
- Responsible for replenishing product and re-balancing product to in-stock inventory positions based on product category by RBU.
- Issue purchase orders to fulfill inventory level goals; follow up on overdue purchase orders to expedite order shipments.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of purchasing records in Epicor ERP System and/or Dashboard.
- Manage Hot List for each RBU; manage/update business scorecards.
- Discuss defective/unacceptable goods with vendors to determine source of issues and take corrective action.
- Support monthly inventory process and KPI reporting.
- Serve as liaison between Corporate and local RBU sites.
- Show initiative (e.g., seek additional related assignments, pursue self-development, proactively look for alternatives and solutions and assume additional responsibilities).
- Maintain timely communication with appropriate management and user groups regarding changing markets, evolving supplier services, and continuous improvement projects.
- Aggressively seek and recommend cost savings possibilities based upon new processes, consolidate buying, and improved systems.
- Analyze data to communicate solution-focused results with team.
- Minimum of 4 years multi-medium purchasing experience; experience with Epicor ERP systems a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; APICS and/or ISM certification, preferred.
- Proficiency in the MS Windows Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel (pivot tables) and Outlook.
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Must have a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Some travel may be required. Physical requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Light work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 5 pounds of force infrequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to infrequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to infrequently stoop, bend and kneel.
- Ability to frequently reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to constantly talk and hear.
- Ability to constantly stand and sit.