Albertsons HR Manager - Distribution Center in TOLLESON, Arizona
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation.
If this is you, we have a great opportunity for you!
Are you passionate about attracting and developing top talent while driving excellence? Do you know how to leverage data to create effective plans that impact results and use data to analyze your decisions and evaluate the results of culture and people-related strategies. You understand that an HR leader's job is about creating a fantastic employee experience, and you work hard every day to ensure that employees are at the center of your decisions. You drive culture and you know that building and maintaining connections are what make you successful. The Distribution Center is your local team, and you partner with other HR leaders in our Corporate Office, Distribution Centers, and Plants across the company. You're an expert at identifying strong talent and you are fanatical about helping employees connect their goals to the goals of the company.
- Critical member of the Distribution Center Leadership Team, strategically partnering with department leaders to drive an employee experience that supports the company's business goals.
- Cultivate a culture centered around driving a fantastic Employee Experience by leading all people and culture-related strategies for your team, including Diversity and Inclusion, Employee Engagement, Talent Management, Training, Education, and Compliance Management.
- Lead coaching, counseling and support of management on all people-related matters.
- Supervise and develop your HR team and partner with LR staff on internal investigations.
- Participate in your team's business strategy process by seeking solutions to business challenges, identifying specific skill and resource requirements, and aligning HR programs and practices to business objectives.
- Lead recruiting and selection process by developing current and future staffing strategies; support Company hiring and recruiting processes; drive diversity progress in all aspects of employment; and actively participate in selection process for key leadership positions.
- Collaborate with Leadership to positively drive Culture.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Implement and oversee processes that ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Labor Relations on compliance charges and formal litigation, working with both in-house and outside legal counsel.
- Represent Albertsons Companies when required on compliance complaints and charges including the EEOC.
- Work with DC Leadership to drive succession and career planning process for your team including assessing current leadership bench depth, making recommendations on readiness and potential for promotion.
- Develop internal candidates for key positions through the performance management process, including career counseling and individual development planning.
- Ensure effective delivery of education curriculum within division and develop strategy for current and future division training and development needs.
- Partner with Labor Relations to develop strategies and create plans to mitigate employee relations problems and to maximize employer of choice matters.
- Work with corporate partners to ensure effective execution of all corporate policies and practices for your team, including compensation and benefits plans.
- Responsible for training, performance evaluation and feedback, and career development for all levels of the HR team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: Bachelor's degree with emphasis in human resources, labor employment law, training, business or other related fields; HR Certification and Master's degree a plus.
5+ years HR related experience where performance management, training, employee engagement, general understanding of employment law, compensation and benefits, and general human resources skills have been gained. People management experience also required.
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex solutions and findings.
- Effectively communicates to all levels of the organization using diplomacy and persuasive skills.
- Candidly and constructively speaks up even when it's difficult to do so.
- Proven experience in managing teams including ability to provide direction, understand resource capability and successfully drive results working with direct reports, dotted line and/or internal or external resources.
- Positively motivates others to accomplish goals, provides honest feedback in a constructive way.
- Self-motivated, assumes personal accountability for results and performance.
- Autonomously meets goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record as proactive trusted advisor/thought leader in an organization, particularly around strategic issues to drive results.
- Balances the needs of multiple stakeholders while maintaining strong executive level partnerships.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics and policy compliance at all levels.
- Experience supporting retail and multi-state locations organizations preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: up to 10% travel
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled