California Closets Engineering Lead, Manufacturing & Maintenance in Tolleson, Arizona
The Engineering Lead, Manufacturing & Maintenance is responsible for developing and maintaining systems, procedures, and equipment that ensure our customers receive the quality of product they are expecting. This position will also develop and review processes and train our teams in consistent application of those standards. This position will collect production and quality data and respond to customer concerns, supplier and internal concerns and implement corrective actions as necessary. The Manufacturing Engineer will also have responsibilities over the Maintenance Department, including the development and continued support of personnel, preventative maintenance programs, and maintaining our manufacturing lines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create and maintain operationally required documentation for both Manufacturing & Maintenance.
- Develop and maintain clearly understood quality, operating, and preventative maintenance standards and check procedures throughout the facility and on all shifts.
- Maintain files of warranties, records, licenses, inspections, service agreements, and contracts for various pieces of equipment.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Prioritize, plan and schedule daily maintenance, conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product or processes and systems.
- Support production in reducing waste with proven analytical methodologies.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance to the various quality and operations systems.
- Support and maintain error-proofing methodologies; develop improvements as necessary.
- Support and develop department or maintenance projects/activities with solid engineering direction.
- Take part in or facilitate the team lean strategies and methodologies and/or Six Sigma activities.
- Facilitate continuous improvement for all processes.
- Document all activities as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; preferably in Industrial, Quality or Manufacturing.
- Minimum of three years or experience in manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Working knowledge or manufacturing/operations processes and equipment.
- Experience and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems of large pieces of industrial equipment including CNC machines, saws, and other heavy machinery
- Working knowledge of lean/Six Sigma theories and practices.
- Well versed in problem solving techniques to include: 8D, Fishbone, 5 Why’s, etc.
- Must be highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects autonomously while working within a team structure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals and handle coordination with outside vendors as necessary.
- Must have CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office suite; MS Excel expert.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of and the ability to abide by applicable proscribed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to adhere to our attendance policy; regular and acceptable punctuality and attendance is required.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Physical requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Moderate to heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force infrequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instructions, operate machines, and inspect parts produced.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to infrequently bend, twist, squat, kneel, and lift (both lateral and overhead).
- Ability to frequently reach with hand and arms and grasp.
- Ability to constantly talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently stand and sit.