Wells Fargo Scrum Master 3 in Tempe, Arizona
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Human Resources at Wells Fargo is a centralized function that is aligned with and supports the company, lines of business, and functions. The HR organization is responsible for building and implementing strategies, programs, and infrastructure to identify, develop, and retain top talent for the company.
To achieve these goals, the organization supports a range of areas, including the employee experience, consulting, operations/systems/technology, learning, talent planning and development, employee relations, total rewards, and people analytics.
Who we are and what we do at Wells Fargo, individually and as an HR organization, carries tremendous responsibility: HR has a critical role in supporting employees, advancing our company’s culture work, supporting its transformation, and shaping our organization’s success.
Our work each day advances us toward our desired Future State: A focused, flexible, and fast HR organization delivering employee-centric solutions in support of Wells Fargo’s priorities. #HUMANRESOURCEJOBS
The Scrum Master 3 is responsible for
• Managing and evolving Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity.
• Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work.
• Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
• Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity, optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
• Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
• Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
• Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
• Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
• Completion of some work may depend on non-agile work teams. Facilitates Scrum of Scrums.
• May train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.
• Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
• Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
• Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
• Identifies skills & competencies of scrum team members & makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
Required locations are listed on job posting. Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply to other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- 6+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
A BS/BA degree or higher
Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
10+ years business experience in a matrixed management environment (e.g. product development, project management, implementation)
Experience moving teams and organizations from Waterfall to Agile methodologies and Agile Transformations
Experience using the team collaboration software Confluence
Agile Scrum (CSM), SAFE certifications or other advanced Agile certifications
Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
Experience of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) experience or exposure to any other scaling principles
Experience designing and leading Scrum of Scrums
Experience serving as a Scrum Master for multiple teams simultaneously
Other Desired Qualifications
Experience coaching Business Focused (non-technology) Agile teams
4+ years of financial services experience or experience in regulated environments
Experience with Business Focused Agile teams
Ability to connect the dots across process, people and technology
Acts with a sense of urgency with strong attention to detail
Proficient in Strategic Roadmapping, Product Management
Comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussion to explore the best possible solutions and possess the ability to lead
Recognized internally and externally as a thought leader and Subject Matter Expert of the principles, concepts and theories of Agile methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 8740 Research Dr - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5576378-2
Updated: 2021-06-15 02:16:57.874 UTC