Strategic Staffing Solutions Process Engineer in Tempe, Arizona
Process Engineer (Perm Position)
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Shift: 1st Shift 6am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday
Pay rate: 80K Yearly Salary
1. Perform process studies to identify manufacturing and energy efficiency improvement opportunities.
2. Process Engineering
a. Update and maintain documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation functional descriptions
b. Process modeling studies utilizing tools such as AutoCAD
c. Participating in development of project premises and detailed scopes
d. Obtaining operating data as needed
e. Preparing evaluations of process schemes
f. Preparing process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation
3. Safety, Health and Environmental Performance
a. Demonstrate safety leadership in both day to day activities and by incorporation in process designs
b. Gatekeeper for the process aspects of the Management of Change work process
c. Educate and coaching of operations and maintenance personnel to facilitate understanding of new processes
d. Lead or participate in safety reviews such as HAZOP
e. Assist the Safety and Environmental Manager as necessary by implementing environmental improvement initiatives
4. Additional responsibilities
a. Provides oversight of contractor(s) process design performance
b. Participate in preparation & submittal of regulatory permits
c. Participate in planning for commissioning & start-up;
d. Member of start-up team consulting on process questions
5. Maintaining full project chronology of process design revisions (including cause / effect data), for use in validating contract change orders or defending spurious claims
6. Perform manufacturing automation and control systems design, specification, programming, testing and start-up assistance.
7. Assist maintenance department with automation and technical issues that arise in plant environment.
8. Manage capital projects to develop charters for upgrades and manage project budget, contractors and timeframes.
9. Provide technical support and training to operators.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Process, Packaging, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in PLC & HMI programming
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in process design assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scope
• AutoCAD experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of current simulation software applications such as Aspen or AutoCAD for process engineering
• Strong computer software knowledge for windows based database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
• Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
• Has clearly demonstrated strong technical competence
• Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
Strategy Staffing Solutions