U-Haul Buyer-Tempe in Tempe, Arizona
8162 S Priest Dr, Tempe, Arizona 85284 United States of America
Please note this is not a work from home position.
U-Haul is seeking a Buyer at our Technical Center in Tempe, AZ. This person will be responsible for interviewing vendors, obtaining competitive bids for major purchases, negotiating with vendors on price, quality service and delivery as required by U-Haul, and awarding contracts. The Buyer will also consult on quality control and product deficiency situations, expedite critical items, and furnish lead time advice. Other related duties will be assigned as required within the Purchasing Department.
• Familiar with computerized purchasing systems
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Manufacturing or Production buying experience desired
• Familiar with, or the ability to read blueprints/drawings
• SAP experience
• Proficient with Excel
• Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Materials Management or the equivalent in work experience.
• Must have two years of purchasing experience
U-Haul offers its Buyer:
· Health insurance/benefits (including medical, dental & vision)
· Subsidized gym membership (including paid fitness classes)
· Life insurance
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
· Business and travel insurance
· MetLaw Legal program
· MetLife auto and home insurance
· Discounts on Apple products, cell phone plans, hotels and more
· 401k options
· Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
· 24-hour physician available for children
· Community volunteer opportunities
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Since 1945, U-Haul has been serving do-it-yourself movers and their households. Like many other successful ventures, the concept for U-Haul was generated out of need. After World War II, there existed the widespread need for do-it-yourself moving equipment that would be available on a one-way, nationwide basis. U-Haul co-founders L.S. "Sam" Shoen and his wife, Anna Mary Carty Shoen, recognized that need and acted upon it. Their visionary approach spread the cost of ownership among many users, facilitating the mobility of the populations of the U.S. and Canada. The covered wagon of the pioneers morphed into orange U-Haul trailers. In the process, an industry was born.