Builders FirstSource Retail Department Manager Inside Sales (Paint) in Sedona, Arizona
Retail Department Manager Inside Sales (Paint)
Sedona AZ Home Center - 2385 W Hwy 89A (86339), 2385 W Hwy 89A, Sedona, Arizona, United States of AmericaReq #19464
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Assists with overseeing the daily activities of the retail store operations ensuring a high level of service to the customer with a focus on meeting sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in the daily operations of specific department, quotes/estimates, material take-offs, generating purchase orders, pricing, and product delivery.
• Maintains quality of retail floor including signage, proper pricing, inventory selection and level and promotional displays, verifying special advertised merchandise is in stock and properly signed and priced.
• Subject matter expert of specific department coordinates product knowledge training to sales personnel and customers.
• Actively engages in selling company products/services and related items. Provides material estimates and quotes for small packages (stairs, decks, fences, sheds, etc.)
• Handles and resolves simple customer complaints and forwards more complex issues to more senior staff for resolution.
• May prepare purchase orders to ensure adequate inventory specifying type, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates.
• Assists with appropriate reports regarding sales, inventory and schedules and works with management to improve work flow, simplify reporting procedures and/or implements cost reduction.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED);
• Five (5) years retail or sales experience;
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of company products and building industry
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong math skills
• Aptitude in reading and understanding moderately complex instructions or drawings
• Broad computer knowledge including Point-of-Sales (POS) equipment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing or walking for 80% of the day. Stooping and kneeling throughout the day.
• May be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds frequently; up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Occasionally will use hand tools, saws, forklift, pallet jack to assist customers.
• Reaching-extending the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Handling-seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Sedona AZ Home Center - 2385 W Hwy 89A (86339), 2385 W Hwy 89A, Sedona, Arizona, United States of America