PayPal Engineering Program Mgmt 4 in SCOTTSDALE, Arizona
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As Program/Portfolio Manager, you will:
· Consolidate multiple AIML initiatives into a cohesive group of work, define mechanisms to track progress, and ensure the accomplishment of portfolio level goals.
· Work with other Program and Product Managers to understand the landscape of AIML initiatives and build working relationships to keep informed of the progress.
· Organize and lead planning activities resulting in the creation of a program road map.
· Proactively manage across stakeholder groups to establish inter dependencies, identify risks and resource constraints, and eliminate significant roadblocks in a timely fashion.
· Exercise smart decision-making and effectively collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders to address key issues and roadblocks aggressively and in a timely fashion.
· Ensure measurable KPIs are developed for the program, and that they align to the overall KPIs for the product.
· Ensure regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders, including international regions.
· Identify program impediments and addresses including proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed.
· Lead program retrospectives and commitment to improvement on a regular cadence
· Advocate and manage program implementation according to PayPal’s platform/product lifecycle management.
· Maintain awareness of the cross product/program synergies and actively communicate opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
· Lead effective project/program governance and stakeholder management, ensuring adequate understanding of timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies.
Professional experience requirements :
· 7+ years of experience required in Program Management and/or Portfolio Management
· Proven experience in delivering technology products and services in a high growth/high velocity environment at a leading consumer technology company or management consulting firm
· Successful track record overseeing multiple programs and ability to understand the relationships between multiple initiatives in one domain
· Proven ability to develop effective cross-organization relationships, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
· Demonstrated aptitude for risk identification and mitigation.
· Experience with different software development methodologies including Agile / Scrum.
· Experience with AIML platforms & programs preferred
· Experience with Data Engineering programs preferred
· Experience with Jira & Clarizen (or other portfolio management tools) preferred
· PMI or similar certifications preferred
Key competency requirements :
· An ability to build both broad and deep domain expertise
· An inherent bias to action
· Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and follow-through with a high attention to detail
· Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed and able to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Ability to adapt, be flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to cover stakeholders in multiple locations (US/China)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.