Jewish Community Center Controller in Scottsdale, Arizona
Develop the financial well-being of the organization by providing financial and accounting services. Responsible for all facets of corporate day-to-day accounting: Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage monthly close process to ensure we are timely for due dates.Examine accounting records, to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the organization.
- Preparation of financial statements, annual budget to results and act as a resource to department in budget, reforecast and results process.
- Create, monitor and manage receivables, accruals, and deferrals consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly operating cash flow and inform CAO of cash status.
- Manage fixed asset and depreciation expense records.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.Includes providing requests and ensuring fieldwork and audit report are completed in a timely manner.
- Perform as system administrator for Microsoft's Great Plains accounting system, including training on features, new modules, and new releases.
- Establish, communicate, and ensure adherence to company policies and managing of purchase orders through credit card and invoices processing.
- Manage restricted assets process and balances.
- Map and modify export files to successfully import data from individual software systems into the accounting software on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Verifies details of payroll submission prior to processing of payroll.This includes benefits, employee department and agency splits.
- Plays key role in system implementation and maintenance ensuring process is simple and efficient (e.g. membership and donor database, accounting systems, Camp Minder, Mindbody, ect.) and other special projects as assigned.
- The Controller manages Bookkeepers, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable team members. Includes conducting performance reviews and training new and existing employees. **
- Perform all functions according to GAAP.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Key Competencies for Success:*
- Financial Management
- Proactive, forward thinking
- Tech savvy and technology driven
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving
- Solutions Focused
- Detail and Results Driven
Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting is required. An active CPA license is preferred.
- 8-10 years related experience in an accounting role
- 3-5 years' experience managing staff
- Non-profit accounting and financial reporting experience preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using Excel, financial reporting systems and other related software. Must have track record demonstrating capability to learn and master new systems.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Must have effective organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with multiple department heads, management, and staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains, Management Reporter, Dynamic Budgets, ActiveNet, Salesforce, other CRM systems, Paycom or other automated systems are as plus.
- To learn more about The J, please see our website at vosjcc.org.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, salary range, and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
The Jewish Community Center has an opening for a Controller to join our team. This is a full-time exempt position based in Scottsdale, Arizona.Our campus features a state-of-the-art fitness center, outdoor pools, gymnasium, early childhood education center, cultural programs, day camps, recreational sports, and much more, which serve our members as well as nonmember program participants.
Our full-time employees are eligible for our benefits package which includes: medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurances, voluntary insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, 401K, health savings account, complimentary membership at The J and program discounts.
Date Posted: 09/14/2020
JCC: Martin Pear JCC in the Valley of the Sun
Location: Scottsdale, AZ