FirstService Residential Common Area Monitor in San Tan Valley, Arizona
We want to maintain a clean, attractive pool and park. The monitor is to ensure that only the appropriate people are using our pool. This should always be done in a polite manner. As the season progresses, it won't be necessary to see every key, every time; you will get to know the regular users. It is your job to keep order in the pool area. Monitors are to be polite but firm and consistent. Using your best judgment and common sense, enforce the pool rules to the best of your abilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Safety -- ensures that there is no horseplay, diving, running, etc
- Sit at the gate and make sure that the people wanting to use the pool are residents (they have cards)
- Clean the bathrooms, empty trash
- Search coolers, etc for alcohol to compliance with pool rules
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Customer service experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the operations of pool day operations.
- An awareness of and ability to enforce the policies of the Department.
- Learned how to assist in setting up and breaking down the Aquatic site.
- Dedicated to work for the general maintenance and improvement of the Department.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Working environment is outdoors and the pool is open year round
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled