Chromalloy Welder in Phoenix, Arizona
The incumbent will support a variety of welding operations, including belt sand parts in preparation to weld joints, ability to operate CNC EB Welder, CNC TIG Welder and manual TIG Welder on aerospace parts. Weld and inspect parts per instruction of the traveler. Use other Welding machines and/or equipment as required:
· Prepare the weld joints per instruction in traveler.
· Perform the weld by manual TIG
· Weld certain operations on different components.
· Belt sand preparation of parts.
· Inspection of tools.
· Documenting travelers after operations performed.
· General department housekeeping.
· Maintain production standards/quality.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
· Ensures compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO quality
· Perform preventative maintenance on the equipment, as
· Performing other tasks in the facility, as needed.
Ability to accurately interpret blueprints
Ability to accurately interpret work in-process documents
Knowledge of welding procedures and processes
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to certify per AWS D17.1
Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
Lean skills continually drives process improvements
Team building skills
Must be fluent in English speaking and English writing.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certified to WD-001
Ability to pass a reading test
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.