Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Phoenix, Arizona
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a temporary opportunity with a well-known company located in Phoenix. The Property Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. You will report to the Accounting Manager, and you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will participate in SOX compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities
• Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
• Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
• Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
• Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
• Maintain capital lease and monthly payment schedules
• Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
• In-depth experience with State Tax laws
• Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
• Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
• Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
• Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
• Participate in various department-wide initiatives
• Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
• BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
• At least 2 years of Accounting experience
• Construction industry experience
• Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Program skills required
• Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
• Experience with NetSuite, SAP, Blackline or ADP a plus
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize tasks
• Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
• Mas 90 (Sage) experience is helpful
• Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
• CPA an added plus
• QuickBooks preferred
• Previous tax work
• Distribution industry experience
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named to FORTUNE magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm (March 1, 2020), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call today 602-224-0119!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. From accounting clerks and bookeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we provide you with access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/accountemps to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Date Posted: November 12, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00210-9502759252
Staffing Area: Temporary Accounting u0026 Finance