Hospice of the Valley RN Visits Hospice Home Care in Phoenix, Arizona
Hospice of the Valley is a national leader in hospice care and has been serving the Phoenix metropolitan area since 1977. A mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, Hospice of the Valley employs compassionate, skilled professionals who are committed to excellence, enjoy teamwork and contribute daily to our mission and culture of caring. Team members experience a friendly, supportive atmosphere, leadership support, autonomy, flexibility and the privilege of doing meaningful, rewarding work.
The hospice home care RN provides skilled nursing care to patients in accordance with the treatment and plan of care designated by the patient, family, physician and interdisciplinary team. The hospice home care nurse educates home care patients and families about the disease process, help manage and control pain and other symptoms and offer solace to those in distress. They are part of the interdisciplinary hospice team that supports people at critical junctures in their lives, making a difference in their quality of life. Care delivery primarily takes place in the patient's home or in a facility where the patient receives care.
• Develops and maintains therapeutic relationships.
Conducts comprehensive nursing assessment.
• Plans care and intervenes effectively.
• Reports changes in pain/symptom assessment and management.
• Promotes patient safety.
• Facilitates smooth transition between care environments.
• Provides effective patient/family/caregiver/caregiver teaching.
• Supports the end of life process.
• Manages end-of-life ethical issues effectively.
• Collaborates in providing patient care.
• Creates timely and accurate documentation.
• Utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
• Adheres to scope of practice/HOV standards and facilitates continuously improved processes/services.
• Maintains and enhances professional skills.
• Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Current Arizona RN licensure in good standing.
• Minimum one year of recent experience in medical, surgical or critical care as a professional nurse.
• Strong clinical assessment skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Solution driven, creative and resourceful problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage time well and perform assigned duties with attention detail, accuracy and follow-through.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Previous hospice or oncology experience.
• Knowledge of the death/dying and bereavement process.
• CHPN certification.
Hospice of the Valley offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision plans, generous paid time off, a matching 401k, tuition assistance, an award winning wellness program and a host of employee recognition and rewards. Employees also receive comprehensive orientation, training and resources.
Hospice of the Valley is an equal employment opportunity employer.