Albertsons Purchasing Assistant in PHOENIX, Arizona
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for an Purchasing Assistant. This position is located in Phoenix, AZ.
The primary purpose of the Purchasing Assistant is to issue Purchase Orders for procurement of Real Estate Equipment for the Retail stores.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Issue commitments for store fixtures, equipment and construction contracts, and change orders utilizing Capital Commitment System to authorized suppliers within authorized limits.
- Communicate with suppliers, Construction Project Managers, Store Design, Store Operations, Merchandising, Accounting, and Maintenance to schedule and expedite deliveries of fixtures and equipment.
- Resolve late or missing shipments and invoice discrepancies. Revise delivery dates and arrange returns and credits.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records and files using Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements and approve commitments for payment.
- Recommend improvements in the company's internal procurement processes.
- Prepare correspondence and reports, as required.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. AA in Business or related field preferred.
- Previous purchasing experience.
- Proficiency in the following software applications: MS Word, Netscape/Outlook Email; MS Excel.
- Able to learn and utilize Safeway's software applications for purchasing capital management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency, customer service, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, accurate, and good attention to detail.
- Able to read and understand construction documents and blueprints. Retail experience or exposure to commercial real estate development projects and analysis is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled