Albertsons Property Manager in PHOENIX, Arizona
Lead a Divisional Property Management Team which oversees the management of Albertsons Companies real estate assets within assigned banners and/or divisions enabling each to meet financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Mentor, coach, hire, and supervise all team members within the Divisional hub.
- Excellent lease analysis and lease administration skills.
- Oversee governing real estate documents to ensure the companies rights are protected and obligations met.
- Effectively research and communicate document analysis findings to Albertsons operational and store-support business units, as well as impacted parties such as landlords, tenants, common area maintenance directors and fellow consenting owners covered by such governing documents.
- Insure property specific compliance requirements are met and implement remedies to conditions which interfere with Albertsons goals. This may include negotiating quid pro quo concessions or fees and/or amending the documents with assistance from Albertsons legal counsel.
- Assist business units with timely decisions and implementation of desired actions relative to options, expirations and terminations.
- Verify accuracy of expense and income for all Albertsons real estate interests. Work closely with Department Specialists and accounting personnel to ensure that Albertsons is paying and/or collecting base rent, percentage rent, common area operation expenses, insurance, and maintenance obligations in accordance with relevant documents and contractual obligations. Supervise periodic audits of these expenditures and revenues.
- Oversee budget guidance to operating and surplus property business units for insurance, common area maintenance expense and, income lines with the goal of obtaining best value for dollars expended and spending those dollars where the best return on investment is likely.
- Strategize with Department Specialists regarding issue resolution, which may include assisting the legal department staff in the preparation of estoppel certificates, Notices of Defaults, and litigation support.
- Review and negotiate waiver requests and other use requests from Landlord's, Tenants, and Co-owners.
- Partner with internal team leads and other relevant parties to resolve issues and disputes in a timely manner.
- Supervise staff regarding tenant, landlord and third-party relationships, mitigation of issues and facilitation of requests. This includes negotiations, premises issues, accounts receivable oversight, collections and other related matters that typically arise from time to time.
- Responsible for productivity of special projects assigned to the department such as value-add seasonal sales of fireworks, Christmas trees, garden products, recycling programs, energy conservation, Drive up and Go approvals, EV Charging Station designations as desired by operations and/or other internal departments.
- Supervises and assigns workload to associates within the divisional Property Management team. Instructs associates in the proper performance of work, familiarize them with industry standards/ best practices and Company expectations.
- Recommends and provides input to the Senior Property Manager regarding hiring, terminations, and promotions. Provides input into the performance and work of subordinates on a routine basis and participates in regular performance appraisals. Provides input to Senior Property Manager for department goals and policy format.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis upon real estate, law, lease administration or general business preferred and/or previous extensive experience in property management: 5 to 7 years.
- In-depth understanding of real estate leases, documents granting easements or restricting use, common area maintenance agreements, profit and loss statements and financial accounting.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and capable of navigating Company data repositories.
- Possess strong management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a corporate environment which includes interacting with multiple internal business units and outside parties.
- Must be a self-starter with an ownership attitude and a strong affinity for prioritizing issues simultaneously vying for action.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Possess strong negotiation and deal-making skills.
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver.
Some travel may be required.
Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment while sitting for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
Incumbent may use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday.
Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled