Honeywell Principal Wireless/RF Engineer - Traffic & ISS Sys HW in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Use your RF engineering skills and experience to lead the team to design, analyze and develop RF and Microwave Avionics Products within Honeywell Aerospace. The product lines you will support are Weather Radar and Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS) and transponder. Some are established and some are new product line designs! You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will bring value to Honeywell's leadership position in airborne, flight safety systems and equipment. You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Lead, design and develop RF and microwave circuits and subsystems.
· Develop RF related requirements
· Evaluate the existing RF block diagram and circuitry.
· Checkout Prototype RF Circuit Card Assemblies.
· Optimize and center specific RF sub circuitry
· Document and initiate design updates for the Blue and Red Label versions of the RF CCA(s)
· Create and support detailed design reviews of the blue label design
· Update the pb layout as necessary to incorporate design changes
· Coordinate with the FGPA, Systems and Software team on design updates and optimization.
· Perform PBA (circuit card) scorecard activities by working with PBA suppliers
· Review supplier Design for Manufacturing and make design updates as required
YOU MUST HAVE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
10+ years of Radio Frequency experience
Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software technical problems
Knowledge of wireless encryption technologies
Understanding of wireless project requirements
Ability to conceptualize new technologies, products and processes
Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization
Consistently making timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
Radio Frequency (RF) Survey experience
Wide degree of creativity and latitude
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.