Pitney Bowes Non CDL Driver Lead in Phoenix, Arizona
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Lead Driver in Phoenix, AZ with Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes.
Performance driven individual who is committed to provide innovative service to our clients. You are approachable and relationship-oriented as you contribute to Pitney Bowes success.
• Communicates with the Transportation Supervisor or Manager and the Operations Team regarding any special, late or missing pickups, and forwards the information to the drivers.
• Coordinates with production to ensure the mail is dispatched on time and ensures that all transportation tasks are completed.
• Reviews pick up slips for USPS supplies and communicates supply requests to the drivers; verifies physical container counts to accompanying customer pick up slips.
• Inspects assigned vehicle per the PBPS pre-trip inspection guidelines and procedures daily, and reports any defective findings to the Transportation Supervisor to be fixed immediately.
• Recommends measures to improve the performance of the transportation department.
• Ensures the mail is reviewed for proper dates, presort slugs and a pickup slip is attached with each order prior to loading on the truck.
• Ensures all drivers are compliant with DOT regulations; assists in maintaining DOT files.
• Maintains a daily vehicle inspection report.
• Maintains a daily driver’s log or route sheet for mileage and cargo.
• Ensures USPS equipment is used only for the movement of “Live” mail.
• Returns client damaged or undeliverable mail, following internal handling procedures for damaged secured mail.
• Uses all required cell phone applications.
• Maintains cleanliness of the vehicle assigned.
• Assists in Quality Control or Barcode department between assigned pickups.
• Fills in for drivers on any shift on any day of the week with little or no prior notice.
• Keeps work area clean by ensuring mail bins are under machines or in APC’s, plastic straps are off floor to prevent possible tripping hazards, and sweeping the floors between assigned pickups or deliveries, and all other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates safety and security precautions and follows company policies.
• Regular scheduled attendance.
As a Lead Driver, you have:
• Ability to drive a straight truck up to 26,000 GVWR.
• Minimum age, 21.
• Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license in state where driver resides.
• Minimum of six months verifiable driving experience within the last 5 years with a safe driving record.
• Ability to maintain a safe, courteous driving record.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of USPS regulations and mailing standards.
• Basic understanding of production processes and mailing separations.
• Ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to communicate with Center Receiving any mail concerns such as missing pick up slips, incorrect documented container count, or any other quality concerns noted.
• Ability to read a map and understand directions.
• Ability to maintain delivery and pick up schedules, meeting deadlines.
• Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
• Ability to solve basic problems that arise in the transportation environment.
• The starting hourly rate is $21.50.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.