Voyig LLC Lead Data Center Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
A Data Center Technician is a progression from the Technician position. Working as a member of the project team, the Data Center Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all jobsite productivity. The Data Center Technician is expected to have a fluent skillset and will assist with multiple aspects of the cable installation process; including: pathway construction, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, and labeling.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
· Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
· Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
· Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas.
· Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
· Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
· Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
· Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables & fiber optic cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, standard & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optic cables).
Decommissioning of network and cabling infrastructure in a Data Center environment
Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain Data Center cleanliness
Follow all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices
Reading and comprehending blueprints and building documentation/redline work
Broad understanding of Data Center infrastructure technologies
4 + years In-depth knowledge of Cat 5, Cat 6 and OM1 – OS2 fiber optic cabling system familiarity with common networking terms.
3 +years of in depth knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
3+ years’ experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
· 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
· Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
· Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
· Perform other duties as needs arise.
· Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
· Maintain a satisfactory compliance with customer.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
· Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
· Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for the given task; for themselves and can help other team members do the same.
· Ability to listen carefully to follow instructions
· Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members
· Exhibit a positive attitude
· High attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Willingness to work days, night, and weekends as project requires
· Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
· Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· High School Diploma or GED
· Industry Certifications
· In-house Certified Training Required (company provided)
· 1-3 years’ work experience in Structured Cabling
· Read, write, and understand English
· Able to distinguish colors
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Ability to travel 90-95% of the time.
· Probationary period of 90 days
· Individuals with a felony or misdemeanor convictions MAY not be hired
· Individuals must not have any alcohol or drug-related convictions or suspensions within the past three years.
· Individual must be able to read and understand instructions in English as well as possess good oral & written communication skills.
· Individual must be able to pass a drug and physical screening as well as background requirements.
· Individual must be available to work variable hours.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply or don’t see what you are looking for? No problem, we still want to get to know you! We are always looking to build our pipeline of talent to help our clients build more fully functioning teams.to hear about upcoming opportunities.
Posted Date2 weeks ago(10/6/2020 10:12 AM)