Honeywell Lead Analog Motor Control PBA Design Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Our Platform Center of Excellence Electrical Design Team has immediate and upcoming needs for top-performing Band 4 Lead Design Engineer who creates the hardware electronics that Aerospace runs on.
Help us create the world’s most advanced systems for essentially every subsystem you can imagine in commercial or military aviation, to space.
We are seeking someone who brings the right experience designing Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) for Electronic Solutions within Honeywell Aerospace.
In this visible, design and technical leadership role, you will lead, develop, and motivate engineering teams responsible for the design and development of analog and motor control electronic designs for human space systems. You will participate in early phases of product development. You will be the trusted expert that creates the lowest cost, fastest reliable electronics in Aerospace.
Are you up for a new challenge?
• Owns one or more complex Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) development assignments, including supporting system trades, setting and negotiating module requirements derived from system requirements, developing architectures, completing design, analysis, and testing in an engineering laboratory setting.
• Collaborate with global, multi-disciplinary team members of systems, software, IC design, and mechanical engineers.
• Partners to reach effective solutions to complex electrical engineering problems on a broad, diverse portfolio of designs for our products and systems.
• Solves complex design problems to tight schedules with minimal supervision.
• Adapts to constantly changing work assignments and consistently making timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment. Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up-like atmosphere.
• Follow and tailor best design practices and guidelines to ensure efficiency on given project task while ensuring design compliance and producibility
This position may require occasional business related travel within the US or globally.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in digital hardware electrical design
· Due to export control regulations, this position requires US citizenship status
· Master’s degrees in an engineering discipline.
· Experience performing and leading electrical hardware PBA level requirements development, preliminary and detailed design, design verification, and qualification spanning a high mix of moderate complexity space products and systems.
· Experience designing high reliability, module level analog/linear circuits including signal conditioning, data conversion (analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog), motor control, and/or isolated and non-isolated DC to DC converters including one or more of the following:
o Expertise in Analog High Power Motor Drivers and Controllers (i.e. covers brushless 3 Phase PM BLDC, AC Induction, Torque.)
o Expertise in Power Supplies with focus on Isolated high power boost converters (1.2kW and higher), associated EMC/EMI filter, and Worst Case Analyses
o Expertise in Mixed Signal Analog, data conversion, sensors, and motor supervisory and interface circuits
· Experience supporting box or module designs to ensure we meet the industry standards of EMI/EMC of MIL-STD 461, MIL STD-810 by reviewing and translating high level EMI/EMC requirements to the system and circuit level, creating control plans design guidelines, and testing methodologies, and developing simulation models for the analysis of interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility threats.
· Proficiency with Mentor Graphics Xpedition Enterprise Design Flow (i.e. Designer, Constraint Manager, HyperLynx Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, and Layout), Mathcad, Timing Designer, MS Excel, and LTSpice. Demonstrated experience designing, simulating, analyzing and verifying design performance to requirements.
· Ability to generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design.
· Demonstrated experience performing PBA design verification and qualification.
· Knowledgeable in project estimation, planning, and cost and schedule management.
· Able to communicate effectively and can clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences, both written and verbal. Speaks geek, customer, and business
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.