IBM IBM Enterprise Strategy, Senior Strategy Consultant, Health Payer Ind in Phoenix, Arizona
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our team’s senior partners have decades of experience at top consulting firms and IBM Enterprise Strategy will provide you with the opportunity to work side by side with senior executives across industries.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant At IBM?
• Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovation solutions
• Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches and innovative solutions to client problems
• Strong first principles thinking, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
• Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and share/incorporate feedback
• Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
• Strong team player with the aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
Your Role and Responsibilities
What will you do as an IBM Digital Strategy Senior Consultant?
You’ll join a team of highly motivated colleagues with experience from top consulting firms, startups, corporate strategy, and venture capital teams. As a senior strategy consultant, you will begin to develop specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies and manage complex components of an engagement. You will work closely with clients to understand the clients’ (and their customers’) issues, create strategic recommendations to drive change in a digitally-enabled era, secure buy-in for the recommendations, and collaborate with fellow IBMers to help reinvent businesses and industries. Depending on your exposure and expertise you’ll successfully help clients and:
• Provide perspectives and solutions to rapidly develop, launch, and grow transformational products, platforms, new businesses, and strategic partnerships with and for clients in the healthcare industry
• Research the client organization and industry value chains via modern and digitally-enabled approaches to structured and unstructured data analysis and insight generation that go beyond traditional methods of interviewing, focus groups, or market studies
• Draw from primary and existing IBM research on evolving market trends to help clients explore the art of the possible based on market and competitive positioning (e.g., rise of the healthtechs, digital marketplaces, Internet of Things enabled analytics, API economy, healthcare modernization, value-based care and payment, platform-driven value chain transformation)
• Identify and analyze opportunities and obstacles clients face in global and increasingly competitive markets, develop new business models to bring to life ideas, increase efficiencies and profitability for existing offerings, or determine optimal routes to market for new or existing products and services
• Identify issues, create hypotheses, structure and execute analysis, developing decision-ready recommendations to inform the strategic agenda for our clients
• Inform and enable clients to pivot to action, developing practical roadmaps and plans to invest in, allocate resources, execute, and manage strategic recommendations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Possess Bachelors degree (computer science/mathematics/economics/business administration preferred)
• Minimum 3 years of relevant business experience
• Consulting experience strongly preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• MBA degree preferred
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.