Marriott Franchised Senior Catering Sales Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Number 21004674
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Camby Autograph Collection, 2401 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, Arizona, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Davidson Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
CUSTOMER SERVICE : Deliver the best service, quality and value to every customer, every time. Maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the business. Ensure staff, including all new hires, are trained to meet standards. Empower staff to deliver customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance. Personally demonstrate a commitment to customer service by soliciting and responding promptly to guest needs. Commit to satisfying every guest. Level of service provided to major accounts and groups meet or exceed customer expectations.
PEOPLE : When applicable, manage people according to Davidson’s values. Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation, pay and recognition programs to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce. Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business in order to empower employees to successfully perform their jobs. Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for others. Ensure employees fully understand performance standards, review process, and reward successes. Train employees to increase level of customer sales and service skills on an ongoing basis. Maintain confidentiality of guest and associate information and pertinent hotel data; Give credit and highlight others’ success.
QUALITY : Know the department operating standards and consistently meet those standards; including set up and maintaining an approved filing system, keep clients information organized according to Davidson standards. Meet deadlines and respond to corporate, CVB and system sales leads in a timely manner. Require little to no supervision but be willing to accept feedback when offered. Seek out assignments to improve the Sales and Catering department. Maintain an organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow up; Update and maintain sales system following Davidson SOPs; Maintain up-to-date traces in Delphi (or applicable system) on all accounts; Maintain accurate Delphi (or applicable system) computer information on all new and ongoing accounts; Promptly respond within 4 hours to all inquiries, prospects, and tentative or definite business; Develop accounts (new and existing) by performing daily telephone solicitations and outside sales calls to customers; Answer the telephone within 3 rings using proper telephone etiquette.
MANAGING THE BUSINESS : Understand the hotel’s demand segments and sources of business for each as they affect your market. Know the principle competition for each segment and leverage hotel’s relative strengths against each. Identify and effectively react to major revenue opportunities on an ongoing basis. Accurately forecast revenues and profit potential from accounts and groups within acceptable variance levels. Meet or exceed sales goals for bookings, new leads, contacts and number of weekly sales calls. Maintain effective involvement with key community organizations. Demonstrate effective sales skills to obtain maximum revenues and profitability. Coordinate all sales related activity through the direction of DOS and/or DOC; negotiate sales contracts to achieve maximum profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction; Work closely with sales department though execution of definite programs; keep the team fully informed of problems or important changes to the program so action can be taken; Conduct site tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all services available on property and in the surrounding area; Meet or exceed assigned monthly booking and activity quota; Effectively communicate event details to the operational staff.
Essential Functions :
• Develop and execute sales action plans to close on targeted accounts and/or business within a market segment.
• Respond to incoming sales inquiries for the hotel within 4 hours of receipt.
• Maintain a balance of account maintenance and prospecting for new business.
• Contact representatives from respective market segments to solicit business for the hotel.
• Adhere to the hotels sales guidelines and book profitable business based on need times including but not limited to prospecting, outside sales calls, solicitation, site inspections, sales blitz, and presentations.
• Establish and maintain existing accounts within your market segment.
• Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (lead follow up, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, internet prospecting, etc.) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed goals.
• Effectively supervise team to reach goals that have been set.
• Use networking ‘social media for business’ tools such as LinkedIn to research existing & potential accounts and develop new contacts for the hotel.
• Entertain potential clients/guests. Invite clients to the hotel for entertainments, lunches and site inspections.
• Make prospecting calls.
• Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
• Participate in training, trade shows, field trips and community, industry and professional organizations to maintain high visibility in support of the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
• Prepare creative ways in which to reach out to a potential client for future business.
• Analyze requirement of function, outline available hotel facilities and services offered and quote pricing.
• Assist in planning and participating in sales blitz.
• Obtain reader board summaries from competition and prospect accordingly.
• Davidson Lead Referral Program. Actively seek business opportunities for other company-managed hotels.
• Consult newspapers, trade journals, internet, etc., to learn of contemplative conventions and social functions and to learn about the market and trends.
• Follow through on leads from the group sales department.
• Meet or exceed the annual sales goals set by the DOS/DOC/Budget including sales activity production.
• Lead banquet event order meetings.
• Confer with guest and hotel department heads to plan function details, such as space requirements, publicity, time schedule, food service and decorations.
• Utilize proper communication channels to inform operating areas of customer’s contract needs and potential requests.
• Prepare for and attend all applicable pre-cons and post-cons.
• Arrange for VIP amenities to be delivered.
• Check on functions regularly as they are being executed for groups.
• Prepare and send advance brochures/menus to prospec