TEKsystems Applications Project Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
The Sr IT Project Manager role is instrumental in supporting and driving technology and product development projects within Architecture, Development, and Infrastructure. Projects include product feature enhancements, resiliency and platform development, and net new product feature work. It will also encompass interaction with key internal customers and external vendors. This role will work with Jira reporting dashboards/administration. Focus on process improvement and automation.
Our PMO family finds great pleasure in on-time project delivery! We mitigate risks by utilizing our natural planning tendencies; smashing blockers that hinder our teams from being successful. We work hard and play hard. If you are passionate about project management, love solving problems creatively, and have awe-inspiring organizational and communication skills – this is the job for you!
• Ability to run concurrent IT, business application, operations, and development projects
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive issue resolution
• Ability to influence and drive outcomes without being in a position of authority
• Strong reporting skills (document, track and report project status, activities, resources and progress)
• Strong communication skills, able to communicate well at all levels, including management
• Self-managed, ability to drive projects through to completion within expected delivery timeline
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to include reasoning skills such as storage, retrieval, matching and execution skills
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of project management experience; PMP preferred
• Significant experience with JIRA and Confluence required; JIRA power user level, ability to run advanced queries highly preferred
• LEAN or Six Sigma certification highly preferred
• 2+ years of Scrum experience
• CSM or similar certification highly preferred
• In depth understanding of project management, program management, and scrum best practices
• Must have experience managing multiple interdependent projects or work streams
• SDLC experience in complex multi-system projects
• Experience working in variety of project methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban)
• Ability to listen to and provide support for teams in problem-identification and decision-making
• Ability to create an environment of mutual influence
• Ability to work both independently collaboratively with customers, peers and other stakeholders.
• Ability to understand and analyze complex problems with multiple complex variables
• Ability to interface effectively with stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
• Ability to make measurable progress on multiple high priority task simultaneously
• Ability to monitor and report on critical project achievements, and identify ways to resolve project blockers and scheduling issues
Project Management, Jira, Confluence, Scrum Master, Agile, Waterfall, Budget Planning
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Heavy Jira experience is an absolute must
• PMP certification and CSM preferred
• Any LEAN/Six Sigma exposure is highly desired
• Agile/Scrum, Kanban AND Waterfall experience highly desired
• Must have solid experience with software development projects/SDLC; additional experience with infrastructure projects is desired as they will be working across the organization on a variety of projects
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.