Aerotek Staff Accountant in Paradise Valley, Arizona
The Staff Accountant position requires a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. You must also have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as the ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex issues.
• Accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, and assist with creating new budgets
• Receives and accurately posts payables, ensuring appropriate approvals and job-cost coding
• Responsible for job cost tracking, monitoring, and analysis
• Analyze and present project reports to team members
• Prepare monthly draw requests
• Process invoices and generate check runs
• Assist in providing deal sheets for new home sales
• Work with Home Building staff to ensure proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports
• Develop and maintain relationships with key partners including new and existing vendors
• Set up vendors in online ITK portal for subcontractor access (ECI/Mark Systems)
• Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices
purchasing, construction accounting, cost accounting, financial reporting
Top Skills Details:
purchasing, construction accounting, cost accounting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in job cost accounting and financial reporting
• Experience with a construction accounting system, including work order/purchase order functionality (ECI/Mark Systems experience a plus)
• Experience with QuickBooks, including all aspects from entering A/P to financial reporting
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and a customer service attitude
• Ability to solve problems and deal with complex situations
• Ability to work independently
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office especially Excel spreadsheets
• Familiarity with the Apple Operating System, Dropbox, Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Must be detail oriented, a problem solver and able to deal with complex situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.