Aerotek Patient Access Representative II in Glendale, Arizona
• Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, completes full patient registration at date of service, adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services. May also assist with scheduling diagnostic procedures (enters data in scheduling system, provide customer with appointment instructions, other tasks as needed).
• Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies & procedures.
• Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, verifies insurance, benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors. May also assist with scheduling and coordinating post discharge care for patients.
Patient scheduling, Medical terminology, Data entry, Patient access, Insurance, Patient registration, Insurance verification, Bilingual, Scheduling appointments, Medical, Epic, Health care, Schedule appointments, Claim, Patient account
Top Skills Details:
Patient Registration, Medical Records, Healthcare Admin, Admin, Medical terminology, insurance verification
E ither 6a-6p OR 6p-6a working 3/12's OR 4x10's
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Wants 1-2 years experience in Healthcare
Wants Cash Handling Experience (Collections)
Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
• Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
• Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
• Customer service skills and experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
• Course in Medical Terminology required
• Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
• Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.