City of Glendale AZ Contract Monitor in Glendale, Arizona
Depending on area of assignment, performs a variety of difficult to complex work in contract development, negotiations, tracking, auditing and monitoring contract development and performance for city facilities, public roadway appearance and maintenance, as well as other public property for the Streets and Right of Way (ROW) or Facilities Management divisions.
- Oversees and monitors day-to-day contract compliance activities including policies, procedures, contract negotiation and contract execution.
- Manages contractor performance for compliance to contract terms and conditions by monitoring contractor performance; preparing contractor performance evaluations; meeting with contractor to explain performance evaluations and obtain feedback; reporting and resolving complex contract issues.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure appropriate ongoing monitoring of contracts for compliance with contract deliverables, milestones, and requirements.
- Resolves procedural, operational, and other work-related problems as it relates to contracts.
- Review quality of work prior to releasing funds for payment to contractor.
- Receives and resolves complaints from internal and external customers regarding contracted landscape maintenance areas, city facilities and other properties and relays them to contractors and monitors compliance.
- Develops new contracts by researching purchase history, deciding and preparing effective supplemental terms and conditions and deciding and preparing effective contractor performance measurements.
- Assists with ROW crew supervision, scheduling, supplying, and vehicle maintenance.
- Coordinates contractor and customer scheduling.
- May develop and maintain a database of contracts, amendments and changes, and update the database for assigned contracts, creating and updating spreadsheets with status of existing contracts and any other pertinent information.
- Leads contract negotiations and manages all changes to existing contracts.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information regarding contractor performance and contract status as needed or as requested.
- Leads all new contract expectation meetings as well as ongoing contractor compliance meetings.
- Makes recommendations for improved contracting services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications & Special Requirements
Three years of progressively responsible experience related to contract compliance, contract administration, contract performance or similar. Some college preferred.
Knowledge Of: Basic principles of contract administration Basic principles of contract negotiations State Herbicide Spray policies Phoenix Barricade Manuel OSHA Worksite Regulations Hazardous Waste Disposal Policies Work Zone Safety Training Municipal, or City of Glendale, contractual procedures General knowledge of building systems such as fire alarm, HVAC, electrical, roofing etc.
Ability To: Establish and maintain effective relationships with City employees, City residents, vendors, contractors and others Meets goal and objectives on a timely basis Communicate clearly, orally and in writing Prepare clear and comprehensive reports, recommendations, contracts and reports Interpret and explain City ordinances, codes, laws and regulations as related to scope of authority Work independently on complex tasks and non-routine matters and manage own time effectively Readily adjust to a variety of work assignments and procedural changes Plan, organize and manage to schedules
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Valid Arizona driver's license
Working conditions: Office and field setting. Approximately 60% of time is spent in the field observing and monitoring contractor performance at work zones and responding to public complaints.
Salary: $49,446.00 - $74,169.00 Annually
Location: Glendale, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Field Operations
Job Number: 2020 -02045
Agency: City of Glendale (AZ)
Address: 5850 W. Glendale Ave. Glendale, Arizona, 85301