International Rescue Committee Asylum Seekers & Family (ASF) Specialist in Glendale, Arizona
Requisition ID: req20097
Job Title: Asylum Seekers & Family (ASF) Specialist
Sector: Social Work
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
The Asylum Seekers and Families (ASF) Specialist provides administrative support and casework support for onsite clients at the Welcome Center for Asylum Seekers & Families in Phoenix. This position will coordinate light touch case support for emergency services clients and client-centered case management services for longer term program participants. This position is responsible for assisting with administrative tasks including case notes, case file management, and data collection.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Provide light touch case support for emergency services clients onsite at the Welcome Center as needed.
● Identify ASF clients who have not been able to depart the Welcome Center (WC) after 48hrs and provide support to facilitate their travel.
● Provide comprehensive temporary case management services for ASF clients who are not able to depart the WC after one week of arrival. These services include accessing community resources through local partners, providing appropriate referrals, exit procedures, and helping identify and arrange social activities in-line with service plans.
● Connect ASF clients with Crisis Response Team as needed to ensure vulnerable clients receive appropriate care and follow up case until the client’s departure from the WC.
● Complete eligibility screenings and enrollment paperwork for all eligible long term program participants, and build actionable service plan for their case arc.
● Complete social and legal assessments for all enrolled clients, as well as coordinate and conduct ‘Know Your Rights’ and other informative legal orientations.
● Provide comprehensive case management services, including accessing community resources through local partners, providing appropriate legal referrals, and helping identify and arrange social activities in-line with service plans.
● Ensure compliance with case documentation, case file management and reporting requirements, adhering to strict confidentiality guidelines.
● Implement client satisfaction surveys and client progress surveys at 90-day intervals.
● Ensure all services are linguistically appropriate and help advocate with mainstream service providers for linguistically appropriate services.
● Track program activities, compile data and draft reports as required by donor and agency specifications
● Support statewide efforts to support the needs of asylum seekers, asylees, and refugees as requested and needed.
● Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the team.
● Follow all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
● Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: ASF Senior Coordinator
Indirect Reporting:Volunteer Coordinator; ASF Director, ASF Coordinator, ASF Supervisor
Internal:IRC intensive case management, comprehensive case management, and other client programs and services.
External:TSA, ICE, Refugee Health Partnership, and partner organizations and community entities also involved in asylum seeker services.
· High school diploma or GED required. Undergraduate degree in related field preferred; comparable related work experience may be substituted for undergraduate degree.
· 2+ years of related work experience; 1-year minimum working with non-English speakers, knowledge of asylee process preferred.
· Lived experience as refugee or immigrant. In lieu of lived experience, experience working with refugees and/or immigrants; cross-cultural or overseas experience accepted.
· Case management and/or victims assistance experience preferred
· Proficiency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability in Spanish required.
· Additional language capacity preferred in Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Romanian, Hindi or other common languages of asylum seeking populations. Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, with both data extraction and design preferred.
· Highly organized self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Flexibility with demonstrated ability to maintain responsibility for multiple tasks in the context of a diverse, fast-paced work environment.
· Strategic, creative, problem solver capable of working well independently and as a part of a team.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
· Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, and access to reliable transportation.
· In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
● The Welcome Center is a 24-hour facility; flexible work hours, including holidays, evenings and weekends with regular contact with ASF clients and volunteers.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement : In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities,IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity : IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer : We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.