Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Windows Systems Administrator in Gilbert, Arizona
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to
empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Gilbert, AZ.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform as a Windows System Administrator for a classified government contract
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Install, configure, and perform maintenance of virtual environments to include virtualized servers and VDI Desktops.
• Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Provide technical input for security documentation to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Work across disciplines to isolate issues between software, firmware, and hardware, between software and operating systems, between networks and applications, and between one-time events and recurrent systematic problems.
• Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of experience OR Associate's degree and 11 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Experience managing Windows Server OS in a domain architecture.
• Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in IS related field.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
• Familiarity/Experience with Linux RHEL Operating Platform.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG.
• VMWare experience with current versions of Virtual Center, ESXi and/or VMWare Horizon View.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Experience with Windows Server management and Windows domain architecture.
• Understanding basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS, Solar Winds, etc.).
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Familiarity or Prior hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, and Firewalls.
• Familiarity with DoD computer security tools such as ACAS, Nessus, etc.
• Familiarity with Windows Power Shell and/or Linux based scripting
• Familiarity with McAfee and Symantec Products
• Familiarity with imaging/deployment of systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology