Northrop Grumman Principal Electrical Engineer in Gilbert, Arizona
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, advances human discovery and improves our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Develops Test Procedures and Performs Functional Testing on Satellites and Electronic Hardware.
• Job Knowledge/Technical Skills - Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
• Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
• Problem Solving/Innovation - With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
• Liaison - Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner.
• Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
• Requirements Derivation/ Test Development - Develop and oversee test programs as needed to evaluate components and systems.
• Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electrical component, subsystem, or system analytical model or actual system implementation.
• Risk and Uncertainty Quantification - Evaluate, with supervision, uncertainty and risks associated with requirements and designs.
• Analysis and Design - Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, components, or functional systems of company products.
• Use advanced analytical and product design engineering software tools.
Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
• Participates in the creation of and manages changes to circuit, component, or system level design or analytical models under direction and support of more experienced engineers.
• Peer Review/Oversight - Provides formal peer review of simple engineering designs or analyses for less experienced engineers.
• Involvement in national or international engineering association.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Software development skills, including analysis, design, implementation, and debugging.
• Experience with scripting and labview.
• Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
Job Category : Engineering