Deloitte Audit Manager – US Delivery Center in Gilbert, Arizona
Audit & Assurance Manager – US Delivery Center
Are you passionate about numbers and data analysis with a keen interest in the details? Do you want a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and the ability to share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our Phoenix/Gilbert US Delivery Center (USDC or center) – we are breaking the mold of a typical delivery center.
Work you’ll do
As an Audit & Assurance manager in our US Delivery Center, you will supervise teams of audit & assurance seniors and staff in the center location and assist with day-to-day coordination of audit work and assurance services with field engagement teams address accounting, auditing, and other matters, using advanced audit tools and technology. With a focus on quality, as well as delivery and execution, your responsibilities include:
• Team management; focus on managing engagement tasks and resources across engagements in the delivery center
• Set and monitor budgets; schedule audits; select staff and assign workloads
• Perform quality review of work executed in the center
• Identify process issues and develop solutions
• Serve as a counselor/mentor to USDC professionals; provide feedback
• Coordinate closely with field engagement teams and as applicable with client personnel
• Meet professional expectations, deepen industry proficiency to deliver exceptional audit quality and client service
Managers should be able to:
• Work in a fast-paced environment on multiple assignments or engagements simultaneously
• Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary for collaborating with teams, onsite and virtual
• Demonstrate an understanding of broad business & technical accounting and auditing
• Demonstrate proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
Our US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel and predictable work schedules. Teams are comprised of professionals with technical and/or operational expertise whose primary responsibilities are client service delivery and audit execution.
Audit & Assurance professionals in our Phoenix/Gilbert US Delivery Center will serve a portfolio of engagements, providing increased knowledge sharing and collection of best practices to be leveraged by engagement teams, resulting in deeper insights to our clients while maintaining high audit quality.
• Masters/Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
• At least five (5) years demonstrated public accounting or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel on an exception-basis
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
• Experience with a regional or Big 4 accounting firm
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we believe in professional development and helping our people grow. We offer learning opportunities to help you sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. We support the development of leadership and technical skills through leading-edge learning development solutions such as our Welcome to Deloitte on-boarding program, career milestone learning programs, and Audit technical training.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of our legal structure. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Copyright © 2019 Deloitte Development LLC. All rights reserved.
Category: Accounting & Auditing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.