US Army Civilian Human Resources Agency Child & Youth Program Assistant CY-01/02 in Fort Huachuca, Arizona
Open to US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca. (Military Spouse Preference and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This is a "Flexible" position (0-40 hours) with no eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans.
This is an open continuous announcement to provide a ready pool of available applicants as needed. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as vacancies occur.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a Child and Youth Program Assistant at the New Beginnings Child Development Center and/or ages 6 weeks through Pre-Kindergarten and maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities that meet the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs for program participants based on the group and individual children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to Pre-Kindergarten.
- Establishes a program environment that sustains participant interest and promotes positive interactions with other children, youth, and adults.
- Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedules and provides program options for children with special requirements.
- Maintains program participation data and complete daily report.
Occasional travel - Travel required occasionally between varying facilities
- #### Job family (Series)
1702 Education And Training Technician
Conditions of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older at time of appointment or placement into the position
- Proof of education is required at the time of application
- Good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease (verified through physical examination). Immunizations must be current including annual influenza vaccinations
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card are required
- Additional conditions of employment can be found in the Applicant Information Kit, link is in additional information below.
- Incumbent must be able to work Monday through Friday, as well as occasional evenings for training and weekends for special events.
For Entry Level (CY-01):
- At a minimum, must have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing
For information on the qualification requirements for the higher paying levels such as Skill Level (CY-01) and Target Level (CY-02):
Refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions
Note to applicants: College transcripts or certificates may be required at the time of application for applicants who want to be considered for Skill or Target level.
**At minimum a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) is required.
Proof of education is required at the time of application. In order to meet entry level requirement you must upload a copy of your HS Diploma, HS Transcript (showing the completion date), GED certificate or proof of a college degree. To meet the requirements beyond entry level a college transcript showing course work or certifications will be required to validate the higher graded qualifications.**
CDC Program Hours and Days of Operation: Monday through Friday: 0530-1730 Closed on Federal Holidays This position provides care for infants and children from 6 weeks through Pre-Kindergarten.
Applicants will be screened for area of consideration based on the address on their USA Jobs profile or their resume to ensure they fall within the 35 mile area of consideration as defined. Applicants whose addresses do not fall within the defined area will be rated out for this criteria.
Manual application: If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 PM (AZ) on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are notauthorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
If you are claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference, please note: A military spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty member of the US Armed Forces, including the US Coast Guard and the full time National Guard or Reserves. For the purposes of this preference, the marriage must have occurred PRIOR to the service member's relocation via a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move to the military sponsor's new duty station. A copy of your Sponsor's Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders (along with proof of marriage if applicant's name does not appear on sponsor's orders) must be uploaded with your application to receive preference.
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur. For additional information, refer to our Applicant Information Kit for Child Care Positions Copy and paste this URL to view kit: https://acpol2.army.mil/chradodea/armyNAFchildcarepositionapplicantinfokit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate, College Diploma or Transcripts
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION ARE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, A GENERAL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA (GED) OR A COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT LISTING COURSES THAT WERE TAKEN. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT INDICATING A GRADUATION DATE IS ALSO ACCEPTABLE
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Optional: Job Application DA 3433 will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- High School Diploma, GED Certificate, College Diploma or Transcripts
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) Manually:Please refer to the "Addition Information section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Recruitment Support DO NOT USE Rock Island Arsenal, IL 00000 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530570000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/15/2019 to 07/01/2019
Pay scale & grade: CY 1
Salary: $12.43 to $18.72 per hour Rate of pay is determined based on the education and experience as identified in the qualifications for our 3 levels (Entry/Skill/Target).
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent