Wells Fargo Commercial Credit Officer 3 - (Corporate Risk/Commercial Lending Credit Risk) in Chandler, Arizona
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework (https://portal.teamworks.wellsfargo.net/rc/CorporateRisk/Pages/riskmgmtfrmwk.aspx) and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
Approving loans in excess of line authority levels; partner on structuring , pricing, and documentation of loan transactions of medium size or moderate to high complexity; monitoring and reviewing group loan underwriting and portfolio management performance and risk limits for senior management/regulatory agency review; ensuring conformity with company/regulatory policies and procedures; establishing criteria to safeguard and support credit risk based limits based on position size, margin requirements, or similar factors, and implement monitoring the adherence to such risk based limits; developing guidance policies, procedures, and escalation processes; monitoring delinquency, loss and risk rating accuracy; partnering closely with senior officers and relationship managers and may participate in client calls, analyzing new business products or prospects.
Further responsibilities to include:
• Will be responsible for reviewing and approving complex Asset Based Loans, (ABL) & other structured loans.
• Responsible for approving new and existing Asset Based Loans generally in the $10 Million to $300 million dollar range for companies with $50 million to over $1 billion in sales.
• Conduct early pre-approval screening of loan opportunities with business development and underwriting teams.
• Balance needs for portfolio growth with credit standards of the organization and have the ability to communicate with the Front Line in an effective manner.
• Familiarity with Asset Based Loan structuring, leveraged lending, workout strategy, and bankruptcy.
• Portfolio monitoring via regularly scheduled reviews as well as ad hoc discussions with relationship teams.
• Provide strategic guidance on Problem Loans including recommended rating and accrual status.
• Work effectively with senior approvers and other areas of the bank that are supporting clients with ancillary products including treasury, hedging, factoring, and other traditional bank products.
• Support ad hoc credit administration projects including policy and procedure matters, regulatory reporting, and portfolio analysis.
• Effectively communicate key information and updates up to senior credit administration management.
10+ years of lending experience
A BS/BA degree or higher
A Master's degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
Credit risk experience
Ability to communicate asset based lending credit information
Knowledge and understanding of accounts receivable, factoring, or asset-based lending
Knowledge and understanding of asset based lending or commercial lending
Knowledge and understanding of commercial lending or workout operations
Knowledge and understanding of problem loan resolution and workout situations
Knowledge and understanding of underwriting: workout, originating, structuring, and executing transaction
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous Asset Based Lending experience is highly desired.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.
Company: Wells Fargo
Req Number: 5576611-5
Updated: 2021-05-07 01:52:47.541 UTC