WestCare Careers in Bullhead, Arizona
Person in this position will provide all preventive and upgrade maintenance to each facility. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete documentation of services on provided forms in a timely manner
- Performs grounds maintenance
- Performs building maintenance (interior and exterior)
- Repairs buildings, equipment, etc
- Performs preventive and ongoing maintenance of all equipment
- Assists with construction and renovation projects
- Provides pickup, delivery and transportation services as required
- Responsible for assigned tools, equipment, and supplies
- Assists with general sanitation of the facility
- Assists other WestCare staff as needed in a collaborative manner to promote cooperation and portray a professional image to the community
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare foundation
- Experience in custodial and/or maintenance work, preferable in a large business or organization
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and/or other trade experience helpful
- Must have valid Driver’s license
- Must provide “clean’ DMV record
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a manner that is pleasant and professional
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to exercise good judgement and discretion
- Ability to respond as needed to crisis situations in an efficient manner
- Ability to complete work tasks within scheduled work hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to seek out new work projects and contribute ideas and efforts to the constant improvement of WestCare services
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Work may be performed in a maintenance shop, outdoors, office setting
- Normal work hours are from a.m to p.m. Regular attendance is required. Working overtime is required and essential to perform job duties at times
- Extreme changes in temperature possible
- Potential for working in confined spaces
Essential Physical and Mental Demands of the Job:
* *The employee must be able to perform the following essential duties and activities with or without accommodation.
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office, residential, or outdoor environment including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds. Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of the eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files).
- Requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, patients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicated detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision 20 inches or less as well as vision adequate for driving a motor vehicle. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions and when driving a motor vehicle.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to human blood, body fluids or tissues. However exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions.
- Requires the ability to work under stress and in emotionally charged settings.
- Requires the ability to work under time deadlines.
Job Location: Administration - 720 Hancock - Bullhead, AZ
Salary Range: $14.00 - $16.00 Hourly
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services